Not much of an update. But hey, when are they ever?
I threw a network interface together tonight and tied it in to some basic MasterServer functionality.
It’s been a while since I’ve posted. But, I have been hard at work. I have been comparing GUI libraries and networking solutions. I’ve also been studying networking implementations and figuring out what implementation is right for this app. I started building a basic network implementation and it’s going well, but I don’t really have anything to show, yet. Will try to post again soon.
In this post I add the Playmaker FSM system to my project. I’ve actually converted a lot of the C# scripts that were under the hood into FSMs. This is big. Now it’ll take me much less time to generate and test logic in so many aspects of the game.
Yes, I’m quite aware that the “Hello World” thing is old.
This is the first of (hopefully) a long series of videos chronicling the complete (hopefully) development of a basic online turn-based strategy game.
I’m developing with Unity3D and have fallen in love with the tool. Check it out at http://unity3d.com.
Here’s the first video blog entry! I’d embed it but the new Vimeo doesn’t support it and… It’s a long story. Embedding will occur in the future!